Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Catsup & Mustard- Unintended Yumminess!!

Where: Catsup & Mustard, 623 Main St, Manchester, CT
                 860.432.7755

When: July 2, 2013

The title of this post is, because we had intended to go have lunch at a new restaurant on Main St in Manchester, CT. (I'm not naming it, because it has nothing to do with this review), which was closed on Tuesday.

We've eaten at Catsup & Mustard before, but I really was looking for something new. I decided that Lee and I would try something new on the menu instead.

I love to look at what other people are eating, especially if it's just delivered to the table. I inquired about a few tables that we passed and two looked especially good!!

I had the C&W Burger Lettuce Wraps from the "Appies" menu. Four mini burgers (grilled to perfection!), served beautifully with four slices of tomato, four large lettuce leaves, crisp fried onion rings (thin!), shredded cheddar cheese and Whiskey steak sauce and blue cheese dressing ($9.75) on a large rectangle plate. We had side plates so we could 'share', I suppose (I used mine to 'build' my lettuce wrap on).




After tasting the whiskey sauce, which was a sweet, smokey deliciousness, I dabbed the slightest amount of the whiskey sauce on my creation and a small amount of blue cheese dressing. I had a hard time, after the first bite, not to slide into oblivion...no, ...heaven. I think it was heaven I entered...OMG! It was amazing!! I must admit it was also a tad messy (no bun, you see). Yes, I could have cut mine with a knife and eaten it with a fork, but sometimes you need to immerse yourself into the atmosphere, and isn't a wrap supposed to be picked up and eaten?



 
 

My 'date' (dear hubby) had the Chopped Brisket Cheese Waffle Fries ($8), also from the Appetizers list. I must say it looks like a heart attack on a plate. Although, pretty darn delicious! Waffle fries, topped with BBQ chopped brisket, covered in melted cheddar cheese, sprinkled with chopped scallions with a light drizzle of sour cream...Almost looked like dessert! The fries were crisp and delicious and the BBQ sauce that the brisket was luxuriating in, tasted like the Whiskey steak sauce that I had. So yummy! REALLY yummy! REALLY....

Neither one of us could finish what we had, which is a plus. For the price we paid, we had lunch and now have dinner for tonight (these are my leftovers). I must say I've never been disappointed in this pub. If I can say anything to the owner, Corey Wry.... don't change a thing! You've really got a treasure here.

No comments:

Post a Comment