Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bui Vietnamese Cuisine

Where: 964 Main Street, Manchester, CT
860-643-5006
open Tues-Sat 11am-3pm, 4:30pm-9pm

When: April 5,2013

What hits you when you walk in is that it's long and narrow, not that many tables, but what a beautiful bookcase on the wall. Family photos in it and a gorgeous schooner.
We actually came here because the burger bar up the street was almost an hour wait (we were too hungry for that). It soon became apparent that we were not disappointed!
 
I chose an appetizer, Coconut crusted Shrimp ($8), which came with 4 beautifully arranged shrimp with a wonderful dipping sauce. My husband doesn't usually eat shrimp, but since I moaned through the first one, he tried one and agreed that it WAS very good. (Needless to say, I ended up with only two, since he liked them enough to split it with me).


 
My entree was Lemongrass Pork. Sauteed w/lemongrass, curry, onions. Served with white rice, lettuce, cucumbers & tomatoes; topped with fresh cilantro. Nice presentation...and very good. Slightly spicy, but the veggies were al dente, not soggy. Just the way I like them. 

 
The other entree was Chicken Saute w/ Vegetables, toppedwith cilantro and served with white rice. "Very good" (I had to sample that one) according to my husband, whose usual response is (pleasantly) "it's okay". I love rice when it's NOT in a Chinese restaurant. This rice was perfect.

 
Now I must say, I almost always take half my meal home, but as you can see.... nope (and I was full too).
 
So full, that the thought of having dessert (if shared) was intriguing. Fried Bananas with Vanilla ice cream (and a dollop of whipped cream)....yum, yum, yum, yum..............

This first scoop from the end of the banana, was so warm and wonderul. OMG...I even ate the orange and the mint leaf.  We will definitely go back to this one. And HEY,  if anyone wants to get us a gift card for any occasion, we'll use it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment